Heroes Season 3 Premiere
Quite literally jumping from my seat to write this post, Heroes Season three has an awesome start. Again, these two episodes are better than the entire second season.
So for a quick run through (Warning Spoilers) :
- Peter shot Nathan
- Alright, Future Peter shot Nathan
- The future is a horrible nightmare where telling everyone about their abilities didn’t turn out so well. Thus Future Peter is trying to change that
- Future Peter traps Present Day Peter is in the body of a prisoner named Jesse in the Company’s Level 5 Prison (Astral Projection Perhaps?)
- Hiro gets a secret chemical formula from his father, who tells him not to touch it which he does.
- Instantly, he loses it to a speedster, so to find out if it actually was so important, he goes to the future and finds it to be a Godzilla remake where Ando can shoot power blasts out of his hands. (Future Ando kills Future Hiro). They chase after the culprit.
- Nathan survives, (thanks to Linderman?) and becomes a devout man.
- Oh and Linderman’s back…but no one except Nathan can see him.
- Mohinder gets Spider-Powers, thanks to discovering the true origin of these abilities (it’s the adrenaline) Then he discovers side effects like being horny and the shedding of his skin.
- Claire is at home when she shouldn’t be thanks to Future Peter, and is attacked by Sylar.
- Sylar not only gets her power but goes after the criminals in Level 5
- Matt figures out that Peter is not Peter, so Peter sends him to Africa where he meets an African guy who can paint the future.
- Mrs. Angela Petrelli tells Future Peter how much he screwed up.
- Tracy Strauss, who looks a lot (by a lot I mean exactly) like the deceased (?) Niki Sanders, hires Nathan to be the new Junior Senator of New York.
- Bob is killed by Sylar, who invades Level 5 attacks Elle, who retaliates by electrocuting everything in the vacinity.
- Sylar is captured, several dangerous villains escape, Elle is fired, and Angela takes over the Company
- Noah Bennett goes after said villains, and leaves the scarred Claire in the hands of Meredith, who responds by lighting a giant fire.
- Oh and Angela is Sylar’s mom.
Impressions (Also Spoilers)
This season has started off with nothing but promise. The writers have once again found a way to forcefully separate some of the characters. I enjoyed how they did it this season than last. In Season 2 they used the Time Skip to show how some characters were drawn apart or together; however the way they’ve done it this season seems more natural or coherent. They don’t thrust the fact that they’re apart again at us with no explanation, instead using the plot to put them in trouble again. Also several new characters have been introduced while giving them a purpose within the known story. This in comparison to last season where Maya and a couple others were introduce with little relation to the overall story. One issue that I am having with these episodes is how no one notices Matt is gone. He’s been away for at least a few days within the time line of the show and no one has even mentioned his existence. It’s almost as if as soon as they don’t need him, they dump him off and never bothered to ask where he went. Finally I’m not entirely sure that I like the whole, Angela is Sylar’s mom story. While it definitely left me in suspense, it would have been better if it had been foreshadowed earlier on in the story. Here it just looks like they pulled it out for drama’s sake.
Regardless, the first two episodes definitely left me looking forward to next week, where I hope we get a better look at the Godzilla future, and maybe a little more into Future Peter’s future (Oh God that’s a mouthful). They were both pretty vague about what happens except horrible things. Also, I’m wondering based on the fact that Hiro has been a jerk to Ando in these two episodes, that if Hiro was the villian and Ando was actually trying to help save everyone. Damn, I can’t wait for next week.